21 Things I learned Before 21
Last month I turned 21 and here are a few things that were on my mind before this milestone:
- It’s okay to not be okay.
- No one is perfect. They are perfectly themselves.
- Sometimes one tiny word or action of kindness can make someone’s day.
- Drinking water really does make a difference. (To how you feel emotionally and physically)
- Writing is more therapeutic than talking sometimes. i.e Start a journal
- Appreciate the simple things in life. Tip: look into ‘Hygge’ (the Danish know what’s up)
- Life is all about finding your balance and sticking to what works for YOU.
- Family is important, but it’s perfectly alright not to share their beliefs.
- Dog’s really are human’s best friend.
- All animals deserve unconditional love.
- You’re never too old (or too anything) to follow your dreams.
- Don’t give up on something just because it doesn’t come easy to you. It takes a lot of hard work and practice to be good at anything.
- Don’t make decisions or assumptions based on the words of others. Make up your own mind about things.
- You are what you eat.
- Everyone can draw.
- Alcohol and caffeine don’t agree with (my) anxiety.
- Bad habits can be broken when better habits are introduced.
- Learning does not need to be done at school. Find ways to learn on your own whenever you can.
- No one is who they appear to be at first glance. Take the time to get to know people.
- When you find a physical activity you love, exercise won’t feel like a chore.
- I will be an eternal student. Learning for the rest of my life. (Travel and be curious. It leads to beautiful discoveries.)